Evergreen Cemetery Fact Sheet
- Established in 1856 as a private cemetery. City assumed ownership in 1944.
- 53+ Acres
- Approximately 4,000 spaces available for sale – See Evergreen Fee Schedule
- Pre-need spaces can be purchased on a payment plan
- Non-potable water for irrigation purposes is available Saturday, 8:00 am – 10:00 am. A sign is posted at entranceway if the system is not available due to repairs or burials. If you turn on a faucet and no water comes out, please turn back the handle to the “off” position. Otherwise, when the system comes back on line, water will run from the faucet.
- A faucet by the office door may be used to fill containers with water. Since it is on the city-wide system, water is always available at this location.
- Sealed vaults required
- Perpetual Care consists of cutting, maintaining and trimming all grass areas, top dressing and annual fertilizing of all grass areas.
- Evergreen Cemetery Association of Gainesville, Inc. was established in 1994 to provide support to Evergreen Cemetery for the historical and cultural enrichment of the entire community. This 501©(3) organization seeks to organize and conduct programs and activities, which will enhance community appreciation and support for Evergreen Cemetery in perpetuity.
Telephone Number: 352-393-8535
Fax Number: 352-334-3299